The perfect city get-away!
CHAGAS APARTMENT – Situated in the so-called ‘noble area’ of Lisbon, this apartment of understated luxury, fits the bohemian-chic flair of this ancient part of the city. Comfortable and spacious open plan for living/dining and kitchen. Sliding glass doors open to sitting area of veranda, with table and arm chairs, perfect to enjoy the extraordinary view: Tejo river and old bridge – perfect for an afternoon rest after a sightseeing/shopping day.
From the apartment, the entire city is at your feet, literally – an experience in itself.
LOCATION – This is a fabulous 2-bedroom apartment in the most desirable area of Lisbon: Chiado – in the heart of all the old town, but on a secluded street and gated building. Right across historic Chagas church – a unique, quaint neighborhood.
Located right south of Chiado/Camões historic centre and Lisbon’s fashionable shopping and restaurant district, the apartment is near the city hub and all conveniences – you are in the heart of all the old town, around the corner from noteworthy art, ceramics, furniture and designer shops. Historical sites and museums such as Lisbon Cathedral, Praça do Comércio, Igreja de São Roque and the Chiado Museum are within a 15-minute walk.
WHAT TO DO –
- There is so much to see and do without having to leave the neighbourhood – the local attractions are right on your doorstep! Walk to the old plazas and cafes, browse the antique shops, booksellers and vintage treasures (especially around São Bento area). Many boutique shops, galleries, picturesque streets and restaurants are within walking distance of the apartment. Get lost in the maze of streets or take the nearby Metro to access major shopping centres.
- If you would rather take it easy and spare your soles why not get a Tuk Tuk from your doorstep and have your own private tour of Lisbon? It is a ride you will never forget!
- Don’t miss the incredible view of St. George’s Castle over the river from São Pedro de Alcântara – it is even more beautiful in the evening. Electric tram nº 28, to get on at the end of the street (be careful with pickpockets), going to Castle and Mother Church (also Antiques Market). You can also get on nº 28 near the Metro station Baixa-Chiado, near the well-known Brasileira coffee house. Suggestion: take the trolley and go to Lisbon’s famous flea market – Feira da Ladra – held every Tuesday and Saturday. About 5min. from the house is also the Opera House (Teatro Nacional de S. Carlos).
- Indulge yourself in a shopping spree in Principe´s Real trendy fashion stores or farmer’s market every Saturday…
- Apartment Chagas is located less than 10min walk from Cais do Sodre train terminal where you can catch the train to the Cascais coast and beach. This apartment is in an excellent location for those wanting to explore the downtown city and all its points of interest such as the Castle, Jeronimos Monastery (Belém area – worth taking the tram!) and Rossio.
- Take a trip to the magical Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage site, easily reachable by bus or train. Sintra was the first place classified as a ‘Cultural Landscape’ in 1995.
- Patrícia has put together some information about the apartment and neighborhood, which may prove helpful during your stay: Info recommended by Patrícia
- From golf, wine tasting, antique shopping, walking, to nightlife, theatre, sightseeing … Lisbon has a lot to offer… and from apartment Chagas there is quick access to shops, restaurants.
Fully furnished living room/dining room.
Two bedrooms with European size double beds (140 x 190 cm), linens included. Dressers, nightstands, lamps.
Equipped 2 bathrooms with baths/showers, hand and bath towels are provided.
Fully equipped kitchen: hob, oven, toaster, coffee machine, microwave, etc.
No extra fee for departure cleaning! No extra charge for wireless internet!
…but extra for heating during colder months…
Maid service for stays of over a week available.
Please contact us directly for updated rates. Rates are for 2 people/night. There is an additional charge/person/night for a total maximum of 4 people. Special rates for longer stays!
Minimum stay: 4 nights (exception Christmas and New Year, minimum stay is 7 nights at highest rate).
TAXIS – we can certainly recommend Rádio Taxis +351 218 119 000 – they were at the apartment punctually at 6:45am when needed for guests leaving early.
This site and its content are exclusive property of Marks & Morelli, Villa Management – Western Algarve, Portugal
Copyright © Marks & Morelli. All rights reserved.